Achieve professional quality hair results with this full-color, comprehensive book from award-winning hair and makeup pros, Gretchen Davis and Yvette Rivas. In The Hair Stylist Handbook: Techniques for Film and Television, you’ll learn how to create that sought-after "complete look" by learning the newest hair techniques that are in demand on film and television sets.
Learn how to break into the industry, what products to use to achieve specific effects, how to maintain a look throughout the day, what quick techniques to use to achieve certain textures, and much more. With input from hairstylist Yvette Rivas, this step-by-step guide makes complex techniques clear, allowing you to achieve the most coveted results. In this informative handbook you will find:
- An extensive chapter on men’s grooming techniques and hair products
- Specific techniques for dramatic and long lasting hair color
- Lists of the best hair tools and instructions for how to use them to achieve different looks
- Information about how production schedules, cast, and crew are all affected and influenced by the hair and makeup team
- Details on how to run a successful and organized hair and makeup trailer on set
Whether you are a professional in the field, or a student looking to break in to the industry, this book will provide you with secrets and information that you cannot find anywhere else.